Question

Will the Sonos Play:1 continue to be updated in the future?

• 24 October 2017
  • 2 replies

Now that the new Sonos 1 is on the market, I was wondering if the this new product will be considered an upgrade of the Play: 1 and therefore Sonos will no longer continue to update the Play:1 in the future. I know that this happens with hardware and applications made by other manufacturers; so why not Sonos? I asked myself.

My reason for asking is: I am considering extending my Sonos system, and to be quite frank, I’m not that interested in Alexa, so my preferred option is to continue purchasing and using Play:1. However, if there are plans that Play:1 will become 'obselete' obviously I would like to know before committing myself to buying more Play:1's

Thanks.

Peter

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16
IIRC SONOS has yet to declare any speaker obsolete (yes i'm aware of the controls and the dock) dating back to the ZP100 in 2005, so it's highly unlikely to happen to the current Play:1 anytime soon.
Sonos has stated that the Play:1 models will continue to be sold alongside the Sonos One.