Answered

What's the least expensive way to connect my CD Player to my current system?

• 12 December 2020
  • 9 replies

Badge

I just bought an Arc, and I can’t connect my analog CD player to it without some sort of device, yes?

Meanwhile, I’m awaiting the arrival of a new Sonos Subwoofer and two Sonos One SL speakers. Will any of those devices help me connect the CD player to the entire system or will I have to buy an additional Sonos device?

What is the cheapest Sonos device I can buy (new or used) that will connect the CD player to my system?  Thank you so much!

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 12 December 2020, 08:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7

Your cheapest option would be to purchase a Sonos Port.

Or you could copy your CD collection onto your computer and play your music through your network.

Badge

Not a used connect?

Userlevel 7

A used Connect would work too. Make sure it is a Connect (Gen 2) so it will work with the Sonos S2 app.

Badge

Thank you!!

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Alternatively, you could get yourself a Five, place it in a different room and hook up the CD player through its line-in. You can play the audio to any other Sonos speaker/group you may have.

Sure – it’s a bit more expensive than a Port or Connect – but you’d have an extra audio zone.

And a Five. Fives are good. :-)

Badge

I just got the Connect Gen 2 and hooked it up, did a factory reset, and plugged my CD player in.  Not getting any sound of the CD player or my speakers, even though the connect is integrated into my Sonos Arc System with two SL speakers and a subwoofer.

Any ideas?

Userlevel 7

I just got the Connect Gen 2 and hooked it up, did a factory reset, and plugged my CD player in.  Not getting any sound of the CD player or my speakers, even though the connect is integrated into my Sonos Arc System with two SL speakers and a subwoofer.

Any ideas?

How exactly did you connect your CD player to the Connect?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Have you grouped your room-with-the-Arc with the room-with-Connect?

@Julie Checkoway - If the Connect and the Arc HT setup are your only Sonos ‘rooms’, then just go into the Connect’s line in settings and set the Autoplay Room to be your Arc.