Volume Presets ??

• 18 February 2017
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Is it possible to save volume presets/profiles ? I've had a good look around and can't seem to see anything of the sort. Just wondering if I'm missing something.

Would be good to be able to save presets ie. dinner party, sunday morning, whole house etc

Where as for each defined setting each speaker had a saved volume

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Not currently in the Sonos app. Don't know about any of the third party apps, I don't use them. Not sure if there's a plan to add them anytime soon, since Sonos doesn't share their roadmap and release dates with us, mostly.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
No. and given the variation of levels depending on the source of what is being played I find it inconceivable that Sonos would go down that route.
Hey everyone! As others have mentioned so far the SONOS app does not seem to feature volume presets 😞... BUT! I have a solution! Two solutions actually! Just as a side note - NO I do not get a commission or money for commercials 😉 I'm just happy I was able to solve the problem.

1. You can use an app to trigger Sonos volumes of each speaker individually, thereby creating your own presets! It basically works a bit like tasker, IFTTT or llama - just that they didn't exist for iOS or couldn't control the volume as I wanted (without a lot of hassle)
Here is how:
The flic(.io) app allows you to create tasks and execute them (even from the notification bar). Therefore, after setting the volumes for each speaker you can activate your individual presets.
2. You can control the presets with physical buttons which is awesome. If you decide to get one of their fancy little sticky buttons with replacable battery - you'll be able to trigger the tasks mentioned above without actually touching your phone (though it has to be in range since it works with bluetooth).

Good luck to you!
Greetings from Germany!