Question

Using Beam in the Bedroom

• 12 March 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge +1
I was thinking of getting a One for the bedroom but the thought that it might actually be worth getting a Beam and attaching to the bedroom Tv. That way we could listen to radio/music and use it on the tv.
Has anyone else tried this and if so how do you find it?.

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Badge +2
Hi,
I have Beam in child bedroom and it is perfect for both Tv and music. In short time I will add a pair of One or play 1 and Sub. If you have doubt what to install first, ones or beam, go ahead with beam. I have every sonos devices in my house:D and I tried all possible configurations. Playbar is even better🆒
ciao
sandro
Userlevel 7
Hi Mark8par

The Beam is an excellent choice for a Bedroom. If your TV has HDMI_ARC the Beam can be used to control it via Alexa voice assistant (i.e. on/off and input selection). If your TV does not support HDMI_ARC the Beam can be connected via the included Optical adapter. Alexa voice assistant is operative via either connection. Disclaimer: HDMI_ARC implementation/functionality varies by TV manufacturer. Some commands may be ignored by the Alexa voice portion of the Beam using HDMI_ARC.

The Beam also supports AirPlay2 and can be later configured with a Sonos sub and/or Sonos Play 1 x 2 or Sonos One x 2 as surrounds.

Both TV audio and Music sound great.

Cheers!