Answered

surround speaker with ARC

• 13 July 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Newbie here after purchasing ARC and GEN 3 sub. The sound was nice and solid so far. Wonder to invest in surround sound to achieve ATMOS is require. 

can I purchase a speaker for testing or any recommendations? 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 13 July 2021, 15:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Adding a pair of rear surround speakers is not required for Dolby Atmos audio, but it is highly recommended for a more immersive home theater experience. A pair of One SLs is what is usually recommended for rear surrounds with the Arc.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thanks for your recommendation. Just for my consideration, my current sub placement is inbetween wall and furniture about 90mm gaps, it is good enough ? 

Userlevel 7

Thanks for your recommendation. Just for my consideration, my current sub placement is inbetween wall and furniture about 90mm gaps, it is good enough ? 

Sonos only recommends leaving 1” of clearance above the Sub when placing it flat under a piece of furniture, so you should be ok. I would perform Trueplay tuning though.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

That’s good. Thanks for your advise. Stay safe.