Answered

Static Noise

• 16 November 2017
  • 8 replies

Badge
When i play music and after i stop the music i can hear a static noise from my sonos one. I had been told by sonos to send both my sonos ones back so i did they replaced them with brand new ones and noise still there can anyone help. Also when i say alexia its starts like when speaker is active but turns off after 2 mins.

It can be heard from like 20cm away from the speaker. It is not very loud and dont increase or decrease, its just there.

After a couple of minutes it stops and the speaker is completly silent. I guess the speaker goes into sleep mode or something.

Q: Is this normal? Does all sonos speakers have static noise when you come close?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 16 November 2017, 01:53

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

No, I would say it's not normal. I don't have any static from any of my 15 speakers for the last 5 years or more. I'd recommend submitting a diagnostic immediately after hearing the static, and posting the number, or calling in to them again. It may be an issue outside of the speaker's control, like some sort of interference being picked up by the speakers, or perhaps an issue with your wifi, etc. A diagnostic will help Sonos help you.
Badge
Thanks so will do diagnostics and then post it on here that right and they should get back to me
Yes, they should, if you post the number here. Or, use one of their other less asynchronous methods of support, as detailed at https://www.sonos.com/contact
Badge
Can i ask have 2 sonos ones
One in living room one in bedroom how when i do diagnostic does it do both at same time so only need to submit one
Only one diagnostic is necessary, although I'd run both speakers to get that noise happening within 10 minutes before sending it. It's possible (but not likely) that you have two different issues. The diagnostic submits the log files from the entire Sonos system, not just one speaker or one controller.
Badge
Hi Bruce
Just called sonos a very helpful person in call centre he says a small hiss sound is normal as speaker is shutting down . That sound right
I'd suspect it has more to do with the volume of the hiss. If you can hear it from more than a foot away, that's a problem. If you can only hear it when your ear is next to the speaker, that's not an issue. But only you can make that determination. If it continues to be an issue, you can always try CS roulette, and call in and get a differently trained representative, who has more knowledge.
Badge
Got this email off them can hear it from about 10-20cm away got this reaponse from them happy now as hissing seems normal.

Thanks for calling Sonos Support today.

As we talked about on the phone, the hiss you can hear from the Sonos One speakers is normal. If you are close enough to any speaker in any kind of HiFi system, you will always notice a faint hiss - this is due to the noise floor of the amplifiers.

This will not be audible from normal listening distances and so you needn't be concerned. If you do experience audible noise from your speakers at normal listening distances however, then by all means get back in touch and we can help solve the issue