Answered

Speakers Not Playing

• 31 August 2019
  • 5 replies

My Sonos app indicates the music is playing but no sound out of speakers. My wife recently used her IPad to play speakers - she’s on a trip with the IPad and speakers haven’t worked since. I’ve unplugged router and speakers and hasn’t fixed the issue.
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 31 August 2019, 17:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Your wife’s iPad shouldn’t make any difference, it’s just a remote control. Make sure the speakers aren’t muted, and adjust the volume using your controller (also just a remote control).
Boy. Do I feel stupid. What might have happened is I put something on too loud and she turned it off when I left the room using the speaker button (which she often does). That worked. Thanks.
Heh. Life is full of those kind of things, don’t worry about it. 😉
Badge

Airgetlam, how can I check that my speakers aren’t muted? What is a controller? what are the various buttons on the Speakers, top and back? 

There’s no sound from my Home Theater speakers but the speakers in the other rooms work fine. The Home Theater doesn’t show on my “Rooms” but it did when we set it up this summer. 

thank you!

The “controller” is the Sonos app, that you’ve got running on a device, such as a phone, a tablet, or a computer.

If you search through the Sonos FAQs for manuals, or even buttons, you’ll find good explanations of what the buttons do.

If you can’t “see” your home theater “room” in the controller, I would start by rebooting the router, followed by rebooting the soundbar. Then, if that doesn’t work, I’d try running an Ethernet cable from my router to the soundbar. I bought a 50 ft cable a long time ago for this kind of troubleshooting. It’s come in handy with several other non-Sonos devices, as well. Finally,  if none of that works, I would encourage you to contact Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available because they're on the phone with you, but they are only available Monday through Friday during business hours. The Twitter support folks are available 24/7.