SONOS spec disclosure

• 23 August 2017
  • 4 replies

I recently requested info regarding amp RMS power ratings for each of your speakers, which should include ALL technical specs pertaining to sound. I was told SONOS does not disclose this information!!! I'm nearly beside myself not to mention highly pissed off that a manufacturer chooses NOT to disclose to their customers or potential customers this imperative information!!! Technical specs speaks volume (pun intended) of the quality of material used and sound. I'm preparing to outfit my new 3500+ sq ft home with a new sound system and was considering SONOS but apparently you just lost out on a new customer and probably $3k +/- of business, sorry for you...I'm a Klipsch fan and owner and will go with a manufacturer that has NO problem disclosing this info to the public, good luck....

Tony in NC

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11
I recently requested info regarding amp RMS power ratings for each of your speakers, which should include ALL technical specs pertaining to sound. I was told SONOS does not disclose this information!!! I'm nearly beside myself not to mention highly pissed off that a manufacturer chooses NOT to disclose to their customers or potential customers this imperative information!!! Technical specs speaks volume (pun intended) of the quality of material used and sound. I'm preparing to outfit my new 3500+ sq ft home with a new sound system and was considering SONOS but apparently you just lost out on a new customer and probably $3k +/- of business, sorry for you...I'm a Klipsch fan and owner and will go with a manufacturer that has NO problem disclosing this info to the public, good luck....

Tony in NC

I wish you good luck finding an audio partner Tony, but I'm concerned about your reaction to this information. It's not normal to be viscerally upset by something as trivial as one company's product specifications.

Here's a resource I would recommend checking out:
https://www.angerclassonline.com/Assessment.aspx
Lol.
The information you seek is pertinent for HiFi separates for proper matching of components made from different makes. Where this applies, as in the case of Connect Amp, it is disclosed to be 55 wpc, RMS. For Connect the signal voltage is 2 volts, while for play units, all internal components are obviously matched being supplied in one box by Sonos, so there is no need to quote RMS, just as there is no need to quote speaker impedance or sensitivity specs.
The specs don't matter. The sound does. Try listening.
Sigh.