Answered

Sonos Profiles

• 27 May 2021
  • 3 replies

I have a Sonos Beam and two Sonos One speakers that I have in surround sound mode. Sometimes I move the Sonos ones and put them on my back porch to stream music. I have to remove the surrounds from the Beam  then pair the two Sonos ones in stereo mode. When I'm done listening I have to remove stereo mode from the ones and then reconnect into surround mode. It's really a pain to do all of this and takes quite a while. I would love if Sonos could add profiles to the Sonos app so that I could quickly switch my system configuration without going through all of the manual processes. Has any thought been giving to doing something like this?

icon

Best answer by Xander P 28 May 2021, 09:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

This feature has been requested from other users, but there probably isn’t enough of a demand for this to be implemented, not to mention the fact that the Sonos Ones aren’t meant to be portable speakers. And Sonos would probably rather you purchase another set of Sonos speakers for your back porch.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @DavidgrSC, welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’ll be happy to pass this on to our engineering team as a feature request :)

I suspect Sonos could make the process a bit less labour-intensive in terms of clicks, but I doubt they could make it much quicker.  It isn’t just a case of detaching and reattaching speakers -- they have to be reconfigured to operate in the two different ‘modes’.  Then there is Trueplay….  

So the practical gain for the user would be small, and the financial incentive for Sonos to devote resource to this doesn’t seem to be there. 

So I wouldn’t hold your breath.