Answered

Sonos Play3

• 4 March 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello. I picked up 2 sonos play3. I know they been discontinued. My question is can i use them as monitors when i use my pioneer dj mixer with rca output for booth monitor option . and can i use them as left and right with my sono beam for tv or maybe just left and right for tv without beam or what is the best way to use them? possible as left and right may be even not for tv but just as music listening. 

Thanks, Igor.

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 4 March 2021, 23:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hello. I picked up 2 sonos play3. I know they been discontinued. My question is can i use them as monitors when i use my pioneer dj mixer with rca output for booth monitor option .

Not very well due to the latency, and you’d need to add a Sonos Port to get your external audio into the Sonos system.

and can i use them as left and right with my sono beam for tv

Nope, the Beam has a built in right and left, as well as center. You could use them as Surrounds though.

or maybe just left and right for tv without beam or what is the best way to use them?

Again you’d need the Port and be facing latency issues.

possible as left and right may be even not for tv but just as music listening. 

Thanks, Igor.

As a stereo pair for music they are pretty decent, I use mine for that in a 14x20 room and am quite happy. As surrounds they work well too.