Question

Sonos Play 3 Damaged Grill

• 16 November 2017
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
My sonos play 3 grill was dented in transit. It is a few years old and likely out of warranty. Are there replacement parts or an after sales repair service that is offered?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I assume that you damaged it (or one of your agents did) during a recent move rather than it being damaged several years ago damaged in transit before you purchased it? After all I can't imagine you waited a couple of years.

Either way, I don't think you'd be covered by warranty as you suggest. No, Sonos don't operate a repair facility though they do offer refurbished units so it's always worth contacting them to see what they might offer. Personally, unless the damage is very major, I'd live with it and have it as a reminder of your move.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
or disguise it with one of these
http://www.coloryoursound.com/speakers/play3-speakers.html
Userlevel 2
Yeah, it was damaged recently. I actually sold the Play 3 as part of a pair on eBay, as I had just got some Sonos One's to replace them.

One of them was dented in transit and the recipient returned it to me. I've got a claim going with the courier as I bought shipping insurance, but it's not looking hopeful, unfortunately.

So in the meantime, I have had to refund the buyer, and now have a dented speaker which is surplus to requirements.

I guess I could sell it again as damaged, but I assume it would go for significantly less.