Question

Sonos One stereo pair with PLAY:1

• 29 October 2017
  • 6 replies

Why can't you make a stereo pair with a sonos one and a sonos play one. Very annoying

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
This is at least the sixth or seventh topic on this subject. It's not possible at this time. Sonos' CEO has stated that they are considering making this possible and to "stay tuned". Not a confirmation that it will happen, but a good sign that the voices of all of us wanting this have been heard at the top levels of the company.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Please see:
https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/pairing-a-play-1-with-the-new-sonos-one-6791476/index5.html#post16164099
Agree - hoping for a resolution soon.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Just get an Echo Dot and stick with the cheaper Play:1s.
MarcusP's link above has a solution to this issue.....
Gutted by Sonos on the subject of not being able to pair a Sonos One with a Play:1.
My wife and I treated ourselves to a Sonos One for Christmas with the primary intention of creating a stero pair with our existing Play:1.
Having the Amazon assistant was a secondary feature.
After unsuccessfully trying to pair them I found out on the internet forums, to my dismay that it couldn’t be done.
The Sonos One was returned for a refund this morning.
Own goal Sonos! 😠