Answered

Sonos One Stereo Pair Craziness - Please Help.

• 1 September 2020
  • 9 replies

Badge

Stereo pair no longer works. I have a left and right channel, plus the Sonos sub. Currently, only the left speaker and the sub will work. The weird thing is, I know the right speaker is connected and on the network. I know this because I can talk to it via Alexa, give it commands to play, pause, and I can touch the physical buttons on the speaker as well, and those work to pause, skip songs, etc.

The problem is there is just no audio coming out of that right speaker. I have already gone through unpairing, repairing, separating, joining them back together, Etc. What is causing this, and how do I prevent it from happening ever again? It's been going on for a couple of weeks now.

icon

Best answer by Paul A 9 September 2020, 17:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I'd make a diagnostic, write the number down and call Sonos.

Badge

Here’s my diagnostic code: 740732894

Thanks! Looking forward to getting this fixed.

Badge

Do Sonos reps monitor this thread?

Userlevel 7

Hi @wisted 

Yes...the threads are monitored. Have you made any changes to your network (i.e. settings, equipment etc).

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Do Sonos reps monitor this thread?

Yes, though it is still considered a user forum. Calling them gets results faster.

When the speakers are not stereo paired, can you play music on them individually and grouped together?

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @wisted.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us and submitting a diagnostic.

Based on the provided diagnostic, it seems everything is normal all of the Sonos devices (Sonos (L + R) and Sub) are all playing music at the time it was submitted. However based on your provided details, only the Sonos One (L) and sub are working ( have audio) Sonos One (R) does not. I’d like to suggest the following.

• Power cycle all Sonos devices starting with the Sonos Ones then once both of the Sonos Ones has a solid white light, proceed with power cycling the Sub (unplug them from power and plug them back after 10-15 seconds) check if the issue still persists.

• Remove a Sub. it’s better to remove the Sub first before separating the stereo pair.

• Separate a stereo pair. Check if both Sonos Ones would play audio especially the Sonos One (R).

• If both Sonos One Plays music (not stereo paired). Submit a diagnostic at each test to check and make any comparisons.

• Create a stereo pair for both the Sonos Ones. Without adding the Sub yet, check if they would play music when stereo paired. Submit a diagnostic for us to check and for the Sonso system to document the changes.

• Add Sub and then test to make sure they are all working. Submit a diagnostic for us to check and for the Sonso system to document the changes.

• If at any point in the above situation the Sonos One (R) fails to play music. I would suggest calling our technical support team for a more in-depth troubleshooting step or possible product replacement.

I hope this helps.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Badge

Hi @wisted.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us and submitting a diagnostic.

Based on the provided diagnostic, it seems everything is normal all of the Sonos devices (Sonos (L + R) and Sub) are all playing music at the time it was submitted. However based on your provided details, only the Sonos One (L) and sub are working ( have audio) Sonos One (R) does not. I’d like to suggest the following.

• Power cycle all Sonos devices starting with the Sonos Ones then once both of the Sonos Ones has a solid white light, proceed with power cycling the Sub (unplug them from power and plug them back after 10-15 seconds) check if the issue still persists.

This is what worked for me. Thanks!

• Remove a Sub. it’s better to remove the Sub first before separating the stereo pair.

• Separate a stereo pair. Check if both Sonos Ones would play audio especially the Sonos One (R).

• If both Sonos One Plays music (not stereo paired). Submit a diagnostic at each test to check and make any comparisons.

• Create a stereo pair for both the Sonos Ones. Without adding the Sub yet, check if they would play music when stereo paired. Submit a diagnostic for us to check and for the Sonso system to document the changes.

• Add Sub and then test to make sure they are all working. Submit a diagnostic for us to check and for the Sonso system to document the changes.

• If at any point in the above situation the Sonos One (R) fails to play music. I would suggest calling our technical support team for a more in-depth troubleshooting step or possible product replacement.

I hope this helps.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @wisted.

Thanks for the update and immediate response.

I’m glad that everything is now working again. I do hope you enjoy your Music and Sonos.

Please do not hesitate to reach out or create a topic if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,