Question

Sonos Move & Ubiquiti Access Points

• 7 July 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

I am considering purchasing a Sonos Move, but after reading extensively it has become apparent that Sonos Move uses plain ole Wifi and not SonosNet. 

I have an existing Sonos Nework with 5 other devices, including the Sonos Beam and 1 Sonos One. All of these are using SonosNet from a Boost plugged into a Ubiquiti PoE Switch. 

In addition to the Ubiquiti Switch, I also have 2 Ubiquiti AP's broadcasting my Wifi, I have read a few articles that involve having to change a few settings on the Unifi Controller, but not the AP’s themselves.

My question - will the Sonos Move work happily on Ubiquiti AP’s, or are there settings there I need to tweak too?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Lightingman2003.

Thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

Sonos Move should connect properly on the same network like your other speakers are connected to.

Here are router settings that need to be verified. You can contact your ISP or the manufacturer of the router for assistance.

a. Auto channel must be set to Off

b. Choose best non-overlapping channel (1,6,11)

c. Set channel bandwidth to 20MHz

d. Both 2.4GHz and 5GHz should be enabled

e. UPnP should be enabled

f. 802.11 band should be set to b/g/n

g. Airtime Fairness should be disabled

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.