Sonos move sound randomly turns up loud

• 7 December 2020
  • 5 replies

Had Sonos move for 6 months and randomly the sound can turn up loud for no reason at all. 
not sure what’s happening? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Howlingdingo.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community since you already tried some troubleshooting steps let me try to assist you.

Do you often transfer the Sonos move from one place to another?

Any changes you recall for the last 6 months with your Network or Sonos move?

Try Auto Trueplay in Sonos Move, when in WiFi mode, your Sonos Move can automatically adjust its sound for your environment with Auto Trueplay.

Auto Trueplay starts tuning as soon as you begin playing audio to your Move. It automatically re-tunes as you play new content and bring your Move to different locations. You may notice a change in sound when the adjustment takes place.

Enable or disable Auto Trueplay

Auto Trueplay can be toggled within the settings menu for your Move.

1. In the Sonos app for iOS or Android, tap the Settings tab.
  2. Tap System, then tap the name of your Move.
  3. Tap Trueplay to find the toggle for Auto Trueplay tuning.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

I also have this issue on my Sones Move that I purchased 5 months ago. It started out of the blue and it was waking us up at night when it peaked the volume. I have shitmixed the fix for now by setting max volume to 3 points at night so it does not wake us up between 1-5 AM every night.

I have factory reset it and also turned of the alexa feature, but that did not work. I will try to toggle the auto trueplay and see if that works.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Birdnation.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community since you already tried some troubleshooting steps let me try to assist you.

Yes please try true play and observe it in the meantime.

Now if you can submit also a diagnostic report when you notice the issue reoccurs again for us to see whats going on in your Sonos device.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Hi @Birdnation.

Yes please try true play and observe it in the meantime.

Now if you can submit also a diagnostic report when you notice the issue reoccurs again for us to see whats going on in your Sonos device.

Hello, I tried turning off the auto true play and it did not work. One hour later the volume automatically went up step by step until max volume. I have submitted diognostics from my system.

Thanks

Hello, I tried turning off the auto true play and it did not work. One hour later the volume automatically went up step by step until max volume. I have submitted diognostics from my system.

Thanks