Answered

SONOS Move - Bluetooth works with phone, not found with laptop

I just set up my SONOS Move and installed the app on my phone. It works great with this device.

I would like to use the Bluetooth with other devices - mainly a laptop for if I watch a film/tv show.  However, my laptop cannot find the Move. Does anyone know why this could be? Or how to fix this? 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 28 May 2022, 12:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Did you first switch off the phone BT to prevent the Move pairing with that device and either wait a while or press the rear middle button a second time to put the Move into BT pairing mode? You will hear a ‘jingle’ (earcon) and see the status LED pulsate with a Blue light until the laptop connects (assuming that’s ready for pairing too and not connected to something else) at the point the devices do pair, you will hear another ‘connected’ jingle and the LED will stop pulsating and show a steady blue glow.

Thanks a lot. A combination of these things a bit of extra playing around (turning off BT on both devices and back on) managed to get me there in the end.

Cheers!