Sonos Move

• 24 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Dear mr or mrs,

I have recently purchased the new Sonos move and connected it to my system. However, since then it has made the rest of my pre-existing Sonos system disappear. I have reset multiple speakers multiple times but nothing seems to work. Is there anything I can do?

Many thanks,

Jamie

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Maybe you set it up as a separate system instead of adding to existing system?

If so then resetting your other speakers wasn't a good idea. Do you  have a speaker that you haven't reset? (I assume you mean factory reset?)

tunafishbob,

Wire a standalone speaker that you have (hopefully) not yet factory reset to one of your router’s ethernet ports and connect to that ‘existing’ system using the Sonos App - I would leave the Move powered off whilst you do that. Once you see your original speaker/system setup, add back those speakers you factory reset earlier. 

Then when you have them all up and running, just as before… I would enter your 2.4ghz WiFi credentials (SSID/Password - case sensitive) in the Sonos App under “Settings/System/Network/Wireless Setup"

Then (and only then), you can reset your Move and add it back to your Household using the ‘Add Product’ option in ‘Settings/System’.

NB: Each Sonos speaker holds your ‘entire’ system setup, so if you factory reset them all in one go, without keeping any back with the original Household settings, you will lose everything (playlists, services favourite’s, settings etc.) and have to start-over from the beginning.

Sorry, I haven’t factory reset any yet. Thankyou for your help.

many thanks