• 3 September 2017
  • 15 replies

for some strange reason my sonos 1 keeps cutting out
I have a 2 sonos 1's a sonos 7 and the sub some one please help
7797551 is the code
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 3 September 2017, 19:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

15 replies

What is a Sonos 7?

What is the source of the audio that you're listening to when it cuts out?
Sorry I meant the sonos 5
And it's line in
That introduces a panapoly of potentials, unfortunately. You might have a duplicate IP, or the amount of data going in to the line-in my be flooding the ability of the system to process it. Does it occur when you're not using the line-in? If so, it's likely a duplicate IP address. If not, then I'd suggest changing the line-in to "Compressed".

There's actually a possibility of wireless interference on the PLAY:1 as well, and there's a FAQ for that. Basically, look for things that might be generating interference, try changing your wifi channel, either on the router or if you're using SonosNet.
Thanks for the help, it only happens when using the the line in, it started with only 1 speaker cutting out now all of them are cutting out at different times, I'm using the line in for the TV
Wow you genius all fixed, I think I might have changed the setting one day when I was mucking around with the settings
Thanks a lot!
Not a genius, by a long shot, but I've seen my fair share of these types of issues during my time here on these boards.

Glad it worked!
Badge
Hi, I've been having problems with my Connect Amp cutting out and then not being able to reconnect. I'm not sure if I'm in the right place for this (new to the forum), but my diagnostic # is 7838659. I couldn't reconnect for a day or so, so had some advice from Sonos via email connected to incident # 170910-000190. I've switched the channel in the router from auto to 6. Also tried 11, but neither solved it (worked for a while, then cut out again). Generally I'll get one or two evenings trouble free, then the controller is sluggish to connect and it finally disconnects. I've rebooted the router, then the Amp and I can usually get it back working, then the same thing all over again. I have a Play 1 at a different address that I connect with using the same devices (iOS) and it's flawless, so I assume it's not an iPhone, iPad issue. I've looked at assigning a static IP, but couldn't do it (got my internet provider's tech support on the phone and they said I couldn't with my router- Cisco 3848V). I love it when it works, but getting frustrated. Can anyone shed some light, offer advice? Anything appreciated. Tnx.
Is the CONNECT:AMP wired to the router with an ethernet cable, or on wifi?

When you rebooted everything, was the router and the CONNECT:AMP off at the same time, or did you do one, and then the other?
Badge
Thanks for quick reply. The CONNECT:AMP is on wifi, and I disconnected the router, then the AMP, and rebooted the router until the wifi was back, then the AMP.
Well, then, that shoots that theory :)

Have you tried connecting the CONNECT:AMP to the router with an ethernet cable, to see if that makes a difference?\\

At this point, I'm down to Wifi interference over anything else, but I suppose we wait for the Sonos rep to look at the diagnostic.

In case you're curious, here's the FAQ on wifi interference: https:// https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3650/~/reducing-wireless-interference
Badge
Connecting with an ethernet cable isn't a practical long-term solution in my case as the amp is wired to ceiling mounted speakers on one side of the house, and the router is in a different room. (I chose the CONNECT:AMP to be able to keep the speakers). I thought about running speaker wires and / or ethernet cable closer to the router to bring the amp closer, but that means cutting into walls, etc. We'll see. Maybe the distance from the router is an issue, but it hasn't affected any other device.
Trying to play and it keeps saying Unable to connect to sonos speakers. I have 7 speakers (1, 3 & 5). 7840371
Thingy, I wasn't suggesting it as a long term solution, but more of a way to perhaps nail down where the issue lies. Frankly, I have a Bridge that is connected via ethernet cable, as none of the speakers are close enough to the router either. But, I also have a 50 foot ethernet cable for troubleshooting things around the house :)

I'll hope that someone from Sonos picks up that diagnostic and replies soon.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Hi, Thingy, and thanks for reaching out to the Sonos Community. We've reviewed the diagnostics and can see some wireless interference that may be the cause of the issue. It looks like you've already gone through the troubleshooting in our reducing wireless interference FAQ page and may be best at this stage to have our live support team get a deeper look. Give us a call using your existing case number 170910-000190 with the contact details here: http://www.sonos.com/contact

---

Thanks for the diagnostic StudioDwell however it appears to have been corrupted. This can indicate a communication issue like wireless interference but we'll want to start simple and try getting a clear diagnostic. Try rebooting your router and send another diagnostic our way and we'll take a closer look.
Badge
Thingy, I wasn't suggesting it as a long term solution, but more of a way to perhaps nail down where the issue lies. Frankly, I have a Bridge that is connected via ethernet cable, as none of the speakers are close enough to the router either. But, I also have a 50 foot ethernet cable for troubleshooting things around the house :)

I'll hope that someone from Sonos picks up that diagnostic and replies soon.

I see. That makes good sense. I have to disconnect the speaker wire from the CONNECT: AMP and move it every time I connect to the router with an ethernet cable. I appreciate your help, Airgetiam. I'll call Sonos and hopefully get this solved.
Cheers.