Answered

Sonos beam and play 3

• 10 December 2018
  • 3 replies

I have currently one Sonos play 3 and am looking at buying a Sonos beam sound at for a new Sony tv I was just wondering if I am able to connect the beam to the play 3 and use both speakers for TV sound?

Thanks in advance
icon

Best answer by Stuart_W 11 December 2018, 10:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You can add 2 Play 3s to the beam as surrounds and that will get rid of the delay that Chris mentions you would have if you GROUPED a Play 3 (or a stereo pair of Play 3s for that matter) to the Beam. This is because the surrounds are designed to play the video audio channel so don't delay the audio.

I would have thought that if you have a Beam and Play 3 in the same room and the Play 3 is playing the same audio as the Beam but 70ms behind it that would be horrible. But if, say, your Play 3 was in the kitchen and you wanted to continue listening to the TV whilst there but you can't hear the Beam or see the TV it would probably be ok,
Thank you for the reply, just to clarify would 2 play 3’s paired get rid of any delay, and if so why would it? And would the delay be massively noticeable?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You would need two play:3s to make them a surround pair to work perfectly with the Beam.

You can group the Play:3 with the beam but the Play:3 would then be 70ms delayed from the beam creating a stadium type effect.