Question

Sonos 3?

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi.

I have an older Sonos 3 that was given to me by a friend a couple of years ago.

It worked fine for a while, but stopped last week.

I have tried re-setting it, but no joy.

When I try to turn it on I get 3 low bloomp type sounds.

Can any ony help me please?

Regards

Bob

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

15 replies

I’m going to assume you mean a PLAY:3, as there is no Sonos 3. There isn’t a ton that can be done, other than attempting a factory reset, which would, if it works, erase all settings from the speaker, including any network information and playlists you may have set up. 

If it is a hardware failure, I’d suggest you contact Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

I suggest the phone folks, they have more options available because they're on the phone with you, they are available Monday through Friday during business hours. The Twitter support folks are available 24/7. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @foxleybob, thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community. Regarding your concern about your Sonos Play 3, I would agree with @Airgetlam, If you can see a solid white light on top the Play 3, then it means that it is properly set up, and since you've already tried doing a factory reset on the Sonos product then you may contact Sonos Support directly to discuss the issue and for options. They’re open Monday to Friday, from 9 am to 10 pm EST. Our phone support number is ​1-800-680-2345.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

If there's any other issue you're having, feel free to reach out.

I’m not convinced that the Twitter support still exists, after yesterday’s changes, you may be best off calling in. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Thank you, guys.

I guess it’ll have to be a phone call then, which I’ll do tomorrow thanks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @foxleybob. Thanks for the update. Let us know what happened after contacting the phone support team.

You're always welcome here.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi Simon B.

I tied calling the number you gave, but it’s not recognised afraid?

I did put a 0 in front of the 800, is that correct?

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Just Googled and found this number:-  0800 026 1526

A Sonos message stating not available at this time, go to support.

so here I am again:-D

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @foxleybob, thanks for the update. Upon checking that is the correct phone support number. They’re open Monday to Friday, from 9 am to 10 pm EST. Our phone support number: 1-800-680-2345.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above, 

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Tried getting the Play 3 working again by restting..no joy.

Also tried calling several times with no joy.

I’m away next week, so will try again later.

In the meantime, if anyone else has a miracle cure, then please be free to help me lol.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @foxleybob, thanks for the update. Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

The Sonos Community is always here to help

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

oK guys.

Got through to a very helpful & patient guy (sorry forgot his name)

He had me up and down my stairs into the lounge (Play1)  and bedroom (play 3)

and the router which is in the upstairs landing.

He waited patiently while I dismantled the powerline plugs etc in order for him to carry out his diagnostics work.

Play 3 is now working as normal now.

Not exactly sure what he did at his place of work, but it worked :D

Thanks for all your input guys.

Regards

Bob

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @foxleybob, thanks for the update. I’m glad it worked already. 

The Sonos Community is always here to help

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Thanks, Simon.

Sorry for the delay in replying. :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I had a powerplug solution.  Hated them, they are not supported by Sonos and I could see why.  the amount of times I had to trudge back into the house to reset the sending unit drove me mad.  Eventually ran a Cat 6 cable and all my woes disappeared.  It wasn’t just Sonos that did not like powerplugs only.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi.

Yes I understand power plugs isn’t the way to go normally, but the Techy guy I spoke to managed to get it up and running with the plugs, He was very helpful, but didn’t like plugs TBO. So didn’t want to run  long Ethernet cables throughout the house, too much hassle. :D

I’ll survive with them until I can’t.