Question

Sonos 1 won't reconnect after being moved

• 22 December 2017
  • 6 replies

Tried everything!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Is it your only Sonos device. Where you move it?
Hi all,

I have 2 play 5s, 2 play 3s and a play 1. Was all working fine, then I moved the play 1 to another room, and it lost its connection. This is what I have tried:

1. normal re-connect wirelessly - green flashing light, Sonos sees the play 1 fine, I press the 2 buttons, no connection.
2. As above, play 1 connected by ethernet to router.
3. Hard re-set of play 1, tried both of the above, no luck.
4. Set up one of the play 3s with Ethernet, so now in boost mode, all exiting speakers showing as WM:0 tried all of the above attempts again, no luck.

sonos can see the speaker, says 'set up this speaker' in all cases, but then say's can't connect.

Whatever else can i try?

Cheers

Matt
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
So with other speaker wired and in boost mode you plug this one in Ethernet as well and try to add and won’t.

Have you tried a reboot of router. Does it show up in router getting IP address (you may want to try giving it a new fixed IP address in router.

What router do you have?
The main wireless router is an Asus. Rebooted, but the same issue. In any case, shouldn't the play 1 be connecting to the speaker I have connected to Ethernet, rather than the wifi?
oh, hang on, everything has switched to WM:1 now - turn off everything. start all over again. This is driving me nutty 🙂
Userlevel 4
Badge +6
Have you moved it near something that would cause interference?