Have them paired for stereo

Is there a fast way to unpair and then repair or even turn off one of them

Have speakers at both sides of my living room

Would be nice to have just one work at a time sometimes

But would want them as a stereo pair most of the time

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 19 May 2021, 02:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

There isn’t a quick way to unpair/re-pair them without having to manually do it in the Sonos app. And each time you unpair them, you lose any Trueplay tuning.

I haven’t tried this, but you could plug each speaker into a smart plug so you can easily shut each one off by using a voice assistant or with a smart home automation or shortcut.

It would be interesting to see if you shut off one speaker while paired, will the other just play as a left or right channel speaker, a mono speaker, or play anything at all. Then when you power the other speaker on again, will they automatically re-pair as a stereo pair.

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Their is an Remove Stereo Pair under the system tab for the room you are looking for. Not sure how easy it is to do so and then repair. Have you teied that?

will give it a try, unplugging seems to do the trick as well, but a hassle

have a Move and Roam on order

actually a pair of Roams if they ever get off back order

Fell into the Sonos Kool-Aide a lot faster than it took me to live in the Apple Eco system

Thanks for your replies