Podcasts Stops on iPhone

• 4 September 2018
  • 12 replies

I know this has been written about many times but I can’t seem to find a solution and it’s starting to really bug me.

Every time I listen to a podcast on my iPhone through Sonos, it stops or skips every five minutes.

Can Simone at Sonos please help me it with this problem?

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

There was a software release today that might fix that issue. Try upgrading to 9.1 and see if it still happens.
Thanks for the reply, really appreciate it. I’ve tried that but it still doesn’t work.

I’ve had this problem ever since I’ve had Sonos and can’t seem to find a solution.

Is there anything else I could try?
Hi there, SamBrads. Thanks for updating and giving that a shot. Please replicate the problem and submit a diagnostic report. After, reply here with the confirmation number it gives at the end. Thanks!
Hmmm. I'd recommend then that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of replicating this issue, and contact Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution, since it isn't the one that was supposed to be fixed in today's release.

I'd also include the name of the podcast app you're using, whether it's Apple, PockeCast, whatever. Might be helpful for them to know.
Thanks for replying.

I’ve submitted a diagnostic report, number here:

I’m playing a podcast through the Sonos app on an iPhone 7.

Hope that helps!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Thanks for replying.

I’ve submitted a diagnostic report, number here:

I’m playing a podcast through the Sonos app on an iPhone 7.

Hope that helps!

Hi SamBrads,

It may help if you update your system. We've just released an update that may address the podcast playback issue you've described. If not, please send in a new diagnostic report and reply with the number.
Hi Jeff,

I’ve just updated the system and the exact same thing happens. I’ve submitted a diagnostic report and the number is: 1820158764

This problem has occurred ever since I have had Sonos, I have three Sonos Play:1 and none play podcasts properly.

Really not sure what to do here.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Jeff,

I’ve just updated the system and the exact same thing happens. I’ve submitted a diagnostic report and the number is: 1820158764

This problem has occurred ever since I have had Sonos, I have three Sonos Play:1 and none play podcasts properly.

Really not sure what to do here.

Thanks for sending in the report. Communication between your Sonos system and network looks okay. Another factor in streaming from your mobile device is its connection to your network. How close is your controller to your router when you are streaming podcasts? Does your controller connect to any other wireless networks in range? Is your phone going to sleep or into auto lock while streaming the podacasts?
Thanks for the reply again.

My controller is never more han 10ft away and doesn’t connect to any other wireless networks while playing but my iPhone does naturally go into lock mode if I haven’t touched it for more than 30 seconds.

I have to admit this is such a disappointing l problem that happens with Sonos. It’s been happening at two houses we’ve lived at over three years.

There doesn’t seem to be a way to fix it.

I have submitted another diagnostic report, number here: 1991357811

Thanks for the help though.

Sam
Is anyone from Sonos going to acknowledge that this is a major flaw in the product.

EVERY single podcast I listen to on EVERY single one of my Sonos podcasts skips or stops playing.

Can someone from Sonos please get back to me with a realistic way of fixing this?

Thanks
I’m experiencing the same issue. While listening to a podcast through the Browse/On this iPhone/Podcast section in the Sonos app the playback just stops abruptly every few minutes or so. I’ve just spent a little bit searching for a fix and it looks like it’s been a common problem for quite some time. Sonos, this is pretty frustrating to start the playback (and also to search for the location each time) every couple minutes. I’m surprised asking users to submit a diagnostic report is still even needed after years of this issue happening. Please advise what the user above and myself can try. Thanks
I’m running Sonos v 9.1 and I have also been experiencing this problem for a very long time. While playing podcasts through browse/on this iPhone/podcast, the playback either ceases completely after 5-15 minutes, or sometimes ceases and automatically starts playing a different podcast episode. I was hoping to find a fix in these forums but no luck so far. Please help us Sonos!