Please make a Play:1 WATERPROOF !!!

• 30 October 2014
  • 10 replies

i love listening to music while taking shower...please can you sell a waterproof PLAY1 speaker??

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Since the play1 is powered from the electrical mains it would not be safe to take one into the shower with you regardless of how waterproof it is.
wait!!! ...you mean NO rechargeable battery ????? REALLY ???
Remember that the Sonos system was designed to be an alternative to expensive hard wired whole house audio systems with players set up in relatively permanent locations throughout the house. It was not meant to compete with portable Bluetooth speakers and other rechargeable gadgets... so yes, really.
Userlevel 2
not to mention that unless you have another Sonos device connected to the network in your home, you need both an ethernet link as well as the power chord...
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
i cut the plug off and put a shaver plug on it. my play 1 has sat on the bathroom window seal plugged in to the shaver point for over a year and is working grate.
Everyone likes singing in the shower - get it done Sonos.
Can you please make a waterproof speaker....i'm holding out until you do!!! Love my sonos system....
If your building regulations allow it you can have one in the bathroom but there's really no need to have it in the actual shower itself.
Oh yes there is ! I have a Play 1 in the bathroom. It's great whilst shaving or brushing your teeth. But it's useless whilst taking a shower, unless I accept getting in trouble with my neighbors. A cheap bluetooth speaker has a crappy sound and needs fiddling on my phone before entering the shower. Tried it. Forget it.

The Dream is the SONOS shower speaker which can join with the other SONOS speakers etc. Even regular power charging away from the shower would be totally acceptable.

Make it and sell it. People will love it.
How about a shaver connection for power?? Most bathrooms have them.