Answered

Play 5 stopped working / showing up on app

• 12 November 2018
  • 2 replies

My Play 5 just unexpectedly stopped showing up in my app/controller. The rest of my sonos speakers are fine. The light is white, but when i press it, it flashes orange. I've unplugged a few times. Tried the factory reset, but it never flashes white/amber... Also tried to install as a new speaker but it doesn't show up. Haven't changed the wifi network or moved it.

I've sent diagnostics to Sonos. Confirmation number is 1177807965.

This is the first time i've had an issue with any of my sonos gear, so not even really sure how i get a response from them?
icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 12 November 2018, 02:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Same problem. It was working and already set up just fine and playing songs, but when I wanted to add new songs then it gave an error code and says "Can't add songs to the Queue" Then it just disconnected and won't reconnect. I know that my music service works just fine, my internet and power is on point. It's YOUR speaker and the APP. Help fix this. I see multiple users talking about these ERRORS.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
If you haven't shot yourself in the foot with a Factory Reset you can try hooking the speaker up via Ethernet and see if things work again, if so call Sonos on Monday and arrange a replacement.

If you did a Factory Reset maybe try the Ethernet too, but then you'll have to re-add the speaker to your system.

Sonos position on Factory Resets is clear:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1096?language=en_US

Factory resetting any of your Sonos products is not recommended and should not be done in an attempt to resolve an issue.