Play:1 speakers broken after 2 years

My pair of Play:1 speakers are like new, we’ve barely used them. Purchased them in April 2019. Now, neither of them will power up/turn on. There’s just no light at all. I’ve been through all the troubleshooting steps with Sonos Support. They won’t replace them but will give us a small discount on new speakers. Are the Play:1 speakers to be avoided? Why such poor quality?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

My PLAY:1s. or the earliest of them, have been working for around 10 years or so. I think I currently have 8 or 9 of them? Haven’t had a failure on any. Not sure what’s going on with yours, but the sample size seems different. 

I have 5 Play:1s that have been in constant use for around 8 years.

Are you saying both failed at the same time?  Did you have power surge protection on them?

Hmm, perhaps it was a power surge then.

It may or may not have been. But if they went at the same time it's a distinct possibility. Otherwise it's a heck of a coincidence - I haven't seen anything to suggest there are reliability problems with any of Sonos' products.