Answered

Pair sonos play:1 and sonos one

• 27 May 2019
  • 5 replies

A best buy employee "sold" my wife a Play:1 and told her it would work with her phone but the only way to use it is through the sonos app but that gives errors so I set it up for all of the music on her phone but now the music constantly skips the songs partly through the song. I read that the Sonos one works directly with airplay. My question is can a sonos one be paired with a play:1. If not I was sold a useless brick.
icon

Best answer by danjrichards 27 May 2019, 20:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Patired? No. Grouped? Yes.
Never, ever listen to a Best Buy employee. There certainly are some who know what they're selling, but I'd suspect that there are substantially more who don't have a clue.
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Patired? No. Grouped? Yes.

To elaborate, the Sonos One cannot be 'paired' to a Play:1 as a pair of stereo speakers, but it can be 'grouped' with Play:1 to play the same music. You wife could also play via Airplay to the Play:1 via the Sonos One, without the music playing on the Sonos One.

If I was you, I'd return the Play:1 and get the Sonos One.

Patired? No. Grouped? Yes.You wife could also play via Airplay to the Play:1 via the Sonos One, without the music playing on the Sonos One.

Ok how do you play to the Play:1 via the Sonos One. Can play to both but can't figure out how to just play to the Play:1 without the Sonos One playing. i do NOT want to use the Sonos app to play the music only iTunes. If you could either explain it or provide a link to any instructions. Thanks so much.
Just turn down the volume to zero on the Sonos One, the AirPlay 2 signal will continue to play on the PLAY:1.