numbers

• 11 August 2017
  • 3 replies

Is it possible to check from which shop a sonos play:1 originate from the numbers of the speaker?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I'd think ultimately, if you were to get the data and sift through it, yes, But practically, no, not really. I doubt that the folks in the CS area of Sonos have access to shipping allotments with serial numbers. Plus, what if it were shipped to a warehouse that distributes to multiple stores? Here in the US, I suspect that Best Buy doesn't track the individual serial numbers that are sent to each store, just quantities. i.e Store 152 got 15 Play:1s, so that they have to show sales or stock for 15 play:1s, without keeping track of the serial numbers.
Thanks for your reply. I suspected it to be that way. Privacy is also a thing involved.
You're most welcome.

Not sure how much privacy is a concern, though. I'm not aware of anyone who posts their serial numbers online. But who knows, you could be right. 🙂