Question

No sound for blu ray movies

• 6 May 2017
  • 1 reply

Badge
I have a whole new sonos system consisting of a play base, sub and two play 1's for the home theatre component. Everything works brilliantly except when I play a blu ray dvd. I have a relatively new Sony Bravia smart tv and a brand new Sony blu ray dvd player.

During the start up and menu of the dvd all works fine. But the moment I play the movie I lose the sound. I have double checked the disc, the player, the hdmi cable on another tv (not connected to the sonos) and it all works fine. Strangely if I change the sound set up in the tv back to tv from audio system I do get sound from the movie thru both the tv and the sonos. But as soon as I change it back to audio system I lose the sound agin.

I am totally stuck, can someone help?????

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
If the Playbar is receiving DTS audio then you won't hear anything.
Check if your BD player can convert the DTS to Dolby Digital 5.1 on the fly or select the DD5.1 audio track. (Your TV may convert DTS to Dolby Digital 5.1 but I doubt it)