music stops randomly

• 23 February 2013
  • 10 replies

Music stops randomly-- 5-10 min. goes on pause.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hello, What source of music are you having issues with? Do you have the same problem with multiple sources of music? If possible, please submit a diagnostics report from your system and reply here with the confirmation number. You'll find instructions for submitting diagnostics here.
Hi I have the same problem, using TuneIn and Spotify I experience the same. Also I set the WiFi on a fixed channel which was the most available one. Please advice.
First piece of advice would be to run a diagnostic, within 10 minutes of a song "stopping" and then post the diagnostic number here in the boards, That would give a Sonos rep some concrete data to look at so that they could help you. Take a look at "Azur - Sonos" post just before yours to see how to find the instructions on how to do so.
Badge
The same for me, just this morning; music stops and the message is 'connection speed too low', yet my line is ab. 100 Mbit/s (tested when music stopped).
That message is about your local wifi LAN speed, not the speed that is fed to your modem. It really means that the speakers are having issues connecting to the wifi signal.

I'd be looking at the Wifi Interference FAQ first, and considering the possibility of setting up both reserved IP addresses for your Sonos equipment on your router, and even connecting one of your devices to your router with an ethernet cable, so that your system is on SonosNet.
Badge
Thank you, I measured wifi speed with my Mac and I sent the confirmation number in another post (786127146) so I'm waiting for a response. I strongly suspect there's a wifi interference due to my new cordless phone. I know that interferences are in 2,4GHz range and my question is: may I change connection of my Sonos (connected to 2,4) to 5GHz signal, since I have two wifi lines, 2,4 and 5? I recently was allowed to use also 5GHz, Keywords are the same for both frequencies so how can I switch from 2,4 to 5? Should I reset completely the Sonos? How to do it? Thank you for any help.
Sonos products do not support the 5GHz band. I do have a similar problem with the 2,4GHz band because there are so many users on it. And a lot less on the 5GHz band. You could try using different channels on the 2,4GHz band.
Badge
Thanks, I'm trying, but seemingly the problem remains; fortunately it's random and not very frequent.
Badge
Question: if I connect Sonos through ethernet cable to the modem or through a powerline plug connected to the modem via electrical net, are wifi interferences bypassed? Thanks
Wifi interference is, yes, if it's direct. Putting it through a powerline plug adds the potential of electrical interference (and Sonos doesn't support those extenders, although many have used certain models without issue).

But not duplicate IP address issues, no.