Answered

Move with Boost?

• 24 November 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Keen to purchase a Move. It will be used indoors and then outdoors in the summer. I have an existing Sonos system working off a Boost. Will Move be able to connect to the Boost and be apart of my system. I was a little worried about this phase: <<The Move can connect to your router’s Wi-Fi network but not the separate wireless network created by a wired Sonos product.»

I use WIFI all the time. Grateful for a comment from someone who has done this recently.

Many thx

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 25 November 2020, 06:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

No. The BOOST creates a SonosNet signal. The Move does not have the ability to connect to a SonosNet signal, it requires standard WiFi, either at 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz channels.

That being said, a Move will still be part of your system, even though some of it may be on SonosNet and some on WiFi. If that’s what you’re asking. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Will the Move show on my app, like the other speakers? Will I be able to use them all together?

Thx

Yes.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Thank you very much Airgetlam.

Will the Move show with my other speakers on my app. ( Slightly different question )

From my perspective, it’s the same question, and yes. The Sonos controller ‘sees’ all Sonos devices on the subnet, no matter how they’re ‘connected’ to the router. So you’ll be able to group them, or play them separately.