Answered

Move Powers Off When Removed From Ring Base

• 26 May 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

I own a Playbase, two Sonos SL 1’s and a Move. When I remove the Move from its Charging Ring, it Powers Off and can not be turned back on unless returned to the charging ring. This occurs whether or not the Move is Grouped or Ungrouped to the Playbase in the System settings. When it is on the Charging Ring the Battery level indicates 100%. Is this a System setup issue or a problem with my Move itself?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 26 May 2021, 20:55

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I own a Playbase, two Sonos SL 1’s and a Move. When I remove the Move from its Charging Ring, it Powers Off and can not be turned back on unless returned to the charging ring. This occurs whether or not the Move is Grouped or Ungrouped to the Playbase in the System settings. When it is on the Charging Ring the Battery level indicates 100%. Is this a System setup issue or a problem with my Move itself?

How long are we talking, after removing the Move from its charger-loop, does it power off .. and does it power off completely, or is it in ‘sleep’ mode?

Badge

Thanks for the question. It powers off immediately and stays off. I can’t turn back on with the Power Button regardless of how long I hold the power button on.

It sounds like you may possibly have an issue with the device. You could perhaps try a factory reset, but before going down that route, I would perhaps first speak with Sonos Support Staff via this LINK. It may pay to go to them already armed with a System Diagnostic report and reference, whilst the device is on its charger and showing in the App.