Question

Move Bluetooth volume low

• 15 August 2020
  • 6 replies

When I use the Bluetooth connection for my MOVE it’s volume is half what it is with wiFi music.  I’ve tried turning the speaker up all the way over wiFi before I switch th Bluetooth and max out the volume on my MacBook as well.  I bought the move specifically for outdoor movies and I’m really disappointed with the lack of volume.   

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @rawksongs, welcome to the community! I know how disappointing this is and we will help you get this situation resolved. It’s odd on why it’s dong that and since it’s only doing it when in Bluetooth mode, have you tried pairing with different devices? Also, try to play different content. If it’s still the same, try to reboot the speaker by removing from the charging base, press and hold the power button for 5 seconds until you hear the sound and light gets off. Wait for 10 seconds and power on the Move again. Let us know how it goes. We’re here to help. Thanks! 

So I tried doing the movie sound over AirPlay and again it’s significantly lower than listening to music.  I turned my MacBook volume up all the way, Netflix volume up all the way and the MOVE volume up all the way and I’d say max volume is half what it is for music.  This is the same for any movie I olay on the MacBook.  Appreciate your help.  

Hello Krishma 

Any help here?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @rawksongs, thanks for the details here. Have you tried playing from another source, like a different MacBook, computer, or from your phone? Also, have you done rebooting the Move? Keep us posted, we’re always here. 

I have the exact same issue. Any solutions?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Dminister, thanks for reaching out to the Sonos Community and I’d be happy to help. Was it fine before? Have you also tried a different source device? Keep us posted here. We and the community are always here to help.