More problems with Roam.

• 8 January 2022
  • 4 replies

So for Christmas I got my wife a roam,  opened it Christmas Day and the problems began. It seems to reset or power on and off every 5 seconds. Music will play for ½ a second and volume automatically defaults to 15. Turn it up, back to 15 and get a blurb of music. White and orange light flashing constantly. 

Contacted CS determined that it was a faulty unit… so here we are what 3 weeks later finally get my 2nd roam and the same exact thing.  Very frustrating to pay so much money for a tiny little speaker and they don’t work right out of the box.  Everything else works flawlessly on my system. 

Any ideas on my problem?? Anybody experienced this kind of failure 2 times in a row??  I’m about to just ask for my money back it’s kind of ridiculous.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

The odds of you getting two faulty units in a row is extremely low. How exactly are you charging the Roam? Try to use a 5V/2A (10W) USB power adapter and charge the Roam for about an hour. Then reset the Roam by following the steps below and redo the setup process in the Sonos app.

1. Press and hold the power button on the back of your Roam for 5 seconds to power it off. You will hear a chime and the status LED on the front will turn off.
  2. While holding the Play/Pause button, press and release the power button on the back of your Roam.
  3. Continue holding the Play/Pause button until the light on the front flashes orange and white.
  4. The light will flash green when the process is complete and your Sonos Roam is ready to be set up.

I'm having the same exact issue. Very frustrating. I already did a hard reset as suggested above. Few days later, same problem… If we don't get an actual resolution. To the problem, I'm going to return mine. 

The odds of you getting two faulty units in a row is extremely low. How exactly are you charging the Roam? Try to use a 5V/2A (10W) USB power adapter and charge the Roam for about an hour. Then reset the Roam by following the steps below and redo the setup process in the Sonos app.

1. Press and hold the power button on the back of your Roam for 5 seconds to power it off. You will hear a chime and the status LED on the front will turn off.
  2. While holding the Play/Pause button, press and release the power button on the back of your Roam.
  3. Continue holding the Play/Pause button until the light on the front flashes orange and white.
  4. The light will flash green when the process is complete and your Sonos Roam is ready to be set up.

i bought the wireless charging base when I purchased the 1st roam.  So I got this roam later in the day and by the time I opened it I didn’t wanna mess with it so I just threw it on the charger overnight. It shows up on my app as 100% charged and playing music normally like the rest of the speakers do. I haven’t got around to mess with it anymore. I did the reset already on it once with the same result once it was connected so I just turned it off and threw it back in the box. 

I'm having the same exact issue. Very frustrating. I already did a hard reset as suggested above. Few days later, same problem… If we don't get an actual resolution. To the problem, I'm going to return mine. 

Yeah mine does it immediately once it starts to play music.  The best way to describe it is little ½ second blurbs of music ever couple seconds over and over again and the white light on the front goes from steady white to flashing orange and white.