Answered

"Modern Product"

• 24 January 2020
  • 7 replies

When looking at the inventory in my Sonos account I see “modern product” listed. Does this mean these Sonos components are newer and will not be part of the phase out of older products in May 2020?

icon

Best answer by jgatie 24 January 2020, 18:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

That is just what it means.  If they were part of the phase out, they would be marked as “Legacy”.  

There are some other Sonos speakers I do not see listed, is there a way to tell “legacy” speakers by looking at the speakers serial numbers?

There are some other Sonos speakers I do not see listed, is there a way to tell “legacy” speakers by looking at the speakers serial numbers?

The 4 digits before the serial number on the label is the year and month of manufacture (Ex. 1608C is August 2016).  Anything before 2015 is legacy, after 2015 is modern, and 2015 is murky, you’ll have to contact Sonos.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

The 4 digits before the serial number on the label is the year and month of manufacture (Ex. 1608C is August 2016).  Anything before 2015 is legacy, after 2015 is modern, and 2015 is murky, you’ll have to contact Sonos.

I have a Play:1 with 1409 as the prefix, but it shows as a “Modern” product in the listing. Is that pre-2015 rule hard and fast?

I have a Play:1 with 1409 as the prefix, but it shows as a “Modern” product in the listing. Is that pre-2015 rule hard and fast?

The 2015 rule applies to Connect and Connect:Amps only.  All Play:1s  are considered Modern.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

The 2015 rule applies to Connect and Connect:Amps only.  All Play:1s  are considered Modern.

Ah ok, thank you very much.

Manufacture date is not the only thing that determines this. It has more to do with what amount of memory came in the product. In some, such as the CONNECT and CONNECT:AMP, that ties in to dates of manufacture, at some point they increased the memory installed.