Line in volume

• 20 July 2015
  • 5 replies

Hi folks. New to Sonos but enjoying it so far. Easy set up but have one question regarding my Play 5.

The volume controls on the Play 5 work as expected with my iPhone, iPad, and other music services. However, I'm using the line in cable from my Sony Bravia to get better sound out of our TV. There's a tremendous discrepancy between volume levels when I run the line in vs my other audio sources. I have to really crank the iPhone or TV remote volume controls in order to have even moderate sound levels from the TV.

Any ideas on potential setting issues in either the Sonos app or my Sony Bravia sound preferences? Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

There is a line-in level adjustment in Settings.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Adding to Jgatie's advice, the following article explains how you can change the line-in source level:
Line-In Source Level Adjustment

Let me know how it's going, thanks.
Having the same problem with Line in being 10 times quieter that music through Sons app and the link above seems to be broken and can not find this setting in the iphone app. Any help appreciated as trying to decide if should send this back before the return period expires. Also the Line in does not seem to work via sources without the ability to run the Sonus app and tell it to use Line In (E.g. TV, Mixer Deck). Many thanks
See here, particularly the sections on adjusting the settings and Autoplay.
Thanks Ratty, you're a real gem. Have a great new year.