Question

Latest Update has messed my system..

• 1 November 2017
  • 11 replies

Badge
1 Nov 2017.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

trying to add a "One" and says need to update. Just takes me to the app store. No update button. going around in circles, help please fix!
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
One post per issue would help. For the first poster in this thread a little more information maybe? Which latform are you using, iphone, windows etc. What sonos kit do you have etc etc? Abd why the silly tags?

To the second poster what system are you adding a one too? Is it the Sonos app you are using, do you have any other Sonos kit?
appoligies for adding a second. Yes, using the Sonos app. says to update then brings me to app store, then i open app and brings me back to the app. goinf in circles. Can not see and "update" in the app. I do have linked to Alexa. Thank you.
bockersjv...fyi...i was able to add to system with mac app buy not able to update ios phone app
May I suggest a potential work around? Rather than updating the app, just delete it. Then download a fresh version. One of the nice things about the Sonos ecosystem is all the "smarts" is stored on the speakers, not in the app. Once you "connect to an existing system" on your controller app, you'll have all the previously existing stuff, like playlists, etc.
Missing Spotify on the add music services list since updating to latest Sonos controller on iPad, iPhone, android galaxy s8. Deleted and reinstalled app on all, rebooted router and speaker still missing Spotify on choices. I have Sonos Play
Badge
Ok.. so I am using Windows app, with three Play 1 and one Play 5.. with IPhone / IPad apps.. After this update.. the radio keeps cutting out.. cannot create a group either.. cannot line in either.. Come On Sonos.. anyone out there reading from support..?.....
I'm training my mind not to lose it.. and this is a great way to test someones patience..So every cloud has a Silver Lining..THANK YOU SONOS ..
Airgetlam...bingo! thx so much.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi Aitchie, have you tried rebooting the router by unplugging it for about 15 seconds? Then, moving out to the other network devices and doing the same to them, including Sonos?

It sounds like you're running into some network congestion that's causing this issue.

If you're still having trouble, I'd love to see a diagnostic from there. Can you follow these steps and let me know the number?
Badge
Hi Ryan..
how's it going? you good?
Are you Sonos Support?
here is the diagnostic number....Your confirmation number is: 8038775.

Even the speakers keep disappearing from the app..
I'm getting a tad annoyed with it to be honest..
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I am indeed Sonos Support. Not the entirety of Sonos Support, but a part of the whole...

That diagnostic unfortunately came through corrupted, which is almost certainly a result of the issue that's causing your problems to begin with.

Generally, the best steps when that happens is the network reboot.
You'd start with unplugging the router for about 15 seconds, then plug it back in, and when it's back up you move on and do the same for all network devices and Sonos players.

Once that's all done, try to send a new diagnostic for me.

If you're still having trouble, I'd suggest trying to change the wireless channel. If your Sonos players run on your wireless network, you'd change that in the router. If you have a Sonos device, like a BOOST or BRIDGE (or just one of your players) wired into the network, this is done in the Sonos controller, steps here to change the Sonos wireless channel.