Answered

Klipsch Reference R-10SWi

• 25 March 2019
  • 4 replies

Hi all. I have sonos amps and wired speakers throughout my home but would like more bass in my great room. Can this Klipsch Reference R-10SWi be added to the newer sonos amp wirelessly? I have 4 wired speakers in my ceiling wired to the sonos amp and want to add a cost-effective sub. If this Klipsch won't work, what will besides Sonos subs? Does the sonos amp provide enough power for my 4 speakers and a sub?
icon

Best answer by melvimbe 25 March 2019, 20:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Hi all. I have sonos amps and wired speakers throughout my home but would like more bass in my great room. Can this Klipsch Reference R-10SWi be added to the newer sonos amp wirelessly?

The information on your subwoofer says:

Simply plug the R-10SWi into an outlet, then connect the compact, pre-paired transmitter to the subwoofer or LFE out on your favorite component.

https://www.klipsch.com/products/r-10swi-wireless-subwoofer?gclid=CjwKCAjw-OHkBRBkEiwAoOZql6lKhVzMD_5egdrLQEU-Pb2W2gcnFYnIXmOfWjVOKe4gYQVbTtcMYhoCh88QAvD_BwE

So yes, it should work with Sonos amp since it has subwoofer out.

Does the sonos amp provide enough power for my 4 speakers and a sub?

The sub doesn't get power from the amp. As far as 'enough power' it should be fine, but ti really depends on the space you're placing them and what you consider to be enough. You also must make sure the speakers are compatible with the amp when you wire 4.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/265#4_speakers
Thank you. Would I need a cable though from the sonos amp (subwoofer out) to the sub itself? Or can it be done wirelessly. My amps are on a rack in the basement and the sub would be on my main floor so I'm hoping wirelessly.
Following the link I posted earlier. The Sub works wirelessly with the 'pre-paired transmitter' connect to the sub output (on the Sonos amp over 2.4 GHZ. So it should be able to connect from your basement to the main floor if you have wifi in both places. You need to ask Klipsch for more info. My concerns would be how well the connection works and if it interferes with Sonos wireless communications in any way.

The link also says it has a 30 day return policy, so it doesn't hurt to try it out.
Yes thank you I think I’ll try it out