Question

Is the second hand market for Sonos good?

Userlevel 3
Badge

I am thinking about selling my 6 speakers and bridge.

What is your experience, can I expect to get decent money for it?

Too many problems with speakers disconnecting, the loss of trust with “legacygate” plus the fact that Sonos doesn’t allow me to stream what I want has finally made me decide to get off the train.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

17 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Swedish Dude.

Thank you for reaching out to the Sonos community.

We still would like to keep you as one of our loyal customers, you might want to check this offer if you are qualified for the trade-up program with Sonos.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

If you are still using a Bridge, that is probably why your speakers are disconnecting!

Do your buyers a favour and recycle the Bridge, don't sell it.

Sonos equipment holds its value very well,  although obviously depends on what you have to sell.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Sorry, my bad, I replaced the bridge 6 months ago with a Boost. Problem persists. Used to work like a charm but a bunch of updates down the line functionality has deteriorated.

Sorry, I replaced it 6 months ago with a Boost. Problem persists. Used to work like a carm but a bunch of updates down the line functionality has deteriorated.

No, wrong.  If that were true, where are the millions of other Sonos users having the same problems?  My system is as rock solid as ever.  But by all means sell your kit rather than resolve your local issues.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Swedish Dude.

We still would like to keep you as one of our loyal customers, you might want to check this offer if you are qualified for the trade-up program with Sonos.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Tbh I find discarding fully functiional equipment to get a 30% discount unattractive both from a ecological and financial viewpoint. If that is what lies ahead I think it is better to find more sound alternatives.

Why not try this?  Get the IP address of one of your speakers (not the Boost).  For illustration I’ll pretend it is 192.168,1.12.

Then in a browser type http://192.168.1.12:1400/support/review

(substitute the IP of your player, obviously)

Then click the ‘Network Matrix’ link and post the picture and we’ll see if there is anything obvious.

Hi @Swedish Dude.

Tbh I find discarding fully functiional equipment to get a 30% discount unattractive both from a ecological and financial viewpoint.

You are going to sell it anyway!!!!!

Userlevel 3
Badge

I have been in contact with Sonos support several times and according to them everything is in order. It’s been like this for 1 ½ yrs. I am so tired of speakers disconnecting randomly. Therefore I give up.

I have been in contact with Sonos support several times and according to them everything is in order. I am so tired of speakers disconnecting randomly. Therefore I give up.

OK.  Sorry it hasn’t been a good experience for you.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Btw I was told the Bridge was the problem so I went ahead and got the Boost. Turned out to be a total waste of money.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Btw I was told the Bridge was the problem so I went ahead and got the Boost. Turned out to be a total waste of money.

Taken for a ride, neither bridge or boost are required. 

Taken for a ride, neither bridge or boost are required. 

Depends on your setup. I couldn’t live without the BOOST, none of my speakers are close enough to the router to wire. Nor do I have the spare bandwidth in my regular Wi-Fi channel to carry the music stream. 

In some situations, no BOOST is necessary. In some situations, it is essential. 

I can think of reasons too why a Boost could be required, not least…

• It initiates a SonosNet signal when a speaker, or other sonos device cannot be cabled to the router.
  • In SonosNet mode the sonos devices operate as a mesh network with connections often taking place between the Sonos products rather than them all having to connect back to a central router.
  • Having the Sonos products on their own SonosNet signal means improved wireless connection, less network congestion and far less chance of other network devices affecting their communication. Less interference means users can listen free of interference and dropouts.
  • Three internal antennas broadcast 360° signals through walls and ceilings for flawless coverage of the entire premises.

I have personally used a Boost for many years and it has greatly improved my home audio system connectivity, definitely helpful for those with slightly larger sonos systems.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

That's great you both post such long glowing positive experience I'm sure you both just did that uncoordinated.

But boost is still not required.

That's great you both post such long glowing positive experience I'm sure you both just did that uncoordinated.

But boost is still not required.

The Boost is required if its inconvenient for some reason to wire a component to the router in order to run the system over SonosNet.

There is nothing in my post that says it is required. Let me reiterate what I did say:

In some situations, no BOOST is necessary. In some situations, it is essential. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

My Boost is not essential, I originally got it because running a wire to my Sonos was a pain. After buying a lot more Sonos and running a lot more wire it isn’t needed. Too lazy to unplug it.