Answered

Is it normal Sonos Five look?

• 12 March 2021
  • 5 replies

Hello Sonos family,

Today I've bought Sonos Five speaker and right after unboxing I saw two strange things at the front. You can see it here:

https://imgur.com/a/LNAFwQX

Is it normal look of these speakers? Should I do something to make it disappear?

icon

Best answer by James L. 12 March 2021, 14:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Badge +17

Hi @maalcin, welcome to the community.

No, that’s not normal - it looks like the grille has been damaged. I’d recommend getting in touch with your point of purchase to see about getting a replacement.

Hello @James L. thank you so much. I'm really impressed how fast you replied, wow! :slight_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Since the dents don’t hurt the sound you might want to discuss a discount instead of a return.

There is no self or in-store repair option that won’t void your warranty so don’t chance trying a fix. Even once the factory warranty has run out Sonos has been very generous in helping folks that haven’t opened their device up to tinker.

Since the dents don’t hurt the sound you might want to discuss a discount instead of a return.

There is no self or in-store repair option that won’t void your warranty so don’t chance trying a fix. Even once the factory warranty has run out Sonos has been very generous in helping folks that haven’t opened their device up to tinker.

Thanks @Stanley_4, I've submitted support ticket to the retailer and now I'm waiting for them to respond. I'll consider discount option of course if they'll offer it but I'm not sure if I'm OK with looking at this "non-perfect" speaker :wink:

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I kinda feel the same way but the Sonos grills get dinged around the house, more often if you have kids or grandkids around so I’d hesitate to pass up a sweet deal figuring I’d likely get my new unit dented at some point.