Question

Grouping

• 12 June 2016
  • 6 replies

Why do my speakers in group when not in use needing me to re group each time I turn them back on ?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Badge +1
Probably network related (my AP switches off/on every night for a few hours and in the morning any grouping I previously did is disband). Anyway, Sonos need to work on this grouping thing because it's just ridiculous how dumb current system is.

I agree. Groups should remained grouped. How hard is it for the players or system to "remember"
Sonos devices aren't intended to be repeatedly turned off, so temporary arrangements such as grouping are held in ram which is cleared when powered off.
thank for your response..when i say turn off i don't mean power down from the plug ,i mean turn the music off . when turning back on later that day i have to re group the rooms as it only comes back on in one .
You have network issues then. If I have a set of rooms grouped they stay grouped until either I switch them off or I ungroup them deliberately. Loss of communication between Sonos devices is the only other reason for players to ungroup.
Ok thanks , I think it's my BT router then as its a multi channel thing, and seems to be trying to be to clever but not working.
Badge
Probably network related (my AP switches off/on every night for a few hours and in the morning any grouping I previously did is disband). Anyway, Sonos need to work on this grouping thing because it's just ridiculous how dumb current system is.