Disney+ not able to play sound via Sonos One SL

• 28 December 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi 

I have Disney+ installed on my AppleTV.

When I watch movies via Netflix or HBO via AppleTV, I can normally just swipe down and select my Sonos One SL speakers as output, but it seems that this option does not exists in the Disney+ app. If I swipe down in the Disney+ app, I can only select Subtitles and Audio Language, not any devices. 

Does anyone know if this is a known limitation or an issue that can be fixed? 

Thanks  :-)

Jorgensen  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

This has nothing to do with Sonos.  That is a function of the Disney+ app.

I would assume that the netflix and HBO apps have some sort of tie into airplay function of AppleTV.  If it’s not also in the Disney + app, they I would look at the settings for Apple TV to see if you can select the airplay speaker there.

Thanks to both you Danny and jgatie

I thought is was not Sonos related, as it works with both Netflix and HBO, but I thought some in here had had the same issue, and might had a solution for it. 

I have searched the AppleTV setting and have not found a way to set the Sonos as default media :-/

Jorgensen

Hi, I'm also using the Apple tv but with Sonos Move.  With Disney+ I somehow managed to get the sound via the Sonos Moves, but I never found how.  Currently I'm connecting the Moves via Bluetooth to the Apple TV and then it works to get the sound on them via Disney+

Hope this helps you with the Sonos One. 

Jochen T - Belgium