Answered

Different versions of Sonos Play:1 ?

• 2 March 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge

I have multiple Sonos Play:1’s, I didn’t actually track which ones I bought when, but I  noticed recently that all of them except one. Most, when turned upside down have a copyright date on the white space that also has the MAC address and barcode. One of them however, doesn’t have this date and the writing on the bottom is a different size than the other ones. Is this one the newest of the bunch, or the oldest?

icon

Best answer by jgatie 2 March 2020, 14:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

The 4 numbers in front of the Mac Address/Serial Number are the year and month of manufacture (YYMM).  So the top was manufactured in December 2014, the bottom in September 2016. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

The 4 numbers in front of the Mac Address/Serial Number are the year and month of manufacture (YYMM).  So the top was manufactured in December 2014, the bottom in September 2016. 

Thank you the this information. I just know that! That’s very helpful for me!

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

You can also check the About info in the controller, it will give you the hardware revision level, I think the version will be A100 or A200 that being the newer version with a bit more memory.

Badge

Thanks!