Question

Connecting Sonos to a record player?

• 5 September 2017
  • 4 replies

Hey everyone, so I currently have 3 Play 1s and I would like to connect them to a record player that I have yet to purchase since I have no idea how to go about choosing one, I'm not techy in the least so even after I read a few discussions I still don't know how to go about it. The space I have my sound system is not too large so a Play 5 would overwhelm it and I really don't want to purchase a CONNECT either. All I want is to play my records on my Sonos is there any way to do that while avoiding the purchase of a Play 5 and CONNECT?
Thanks! Your help is appreciated!!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

No, not with just a PLAY:1, unfortunately. You would have to get either the CONNECT, or the PLAY:5, which have analog inputs that feed into the Sonos ecosystem.
You don't need a P:5 AND a Connect but you would need one or the other.
IMO, unless you have a lot of old records, there is little to be said for a record player now except the novelty and conversational value. But if you must go down that road, see: https://en.community.sonos.com/music-services-and-sources-228994/using-a-turntable-with-sonos-6769426
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
I'm very much of the view that having a turntable attached to my Sonos speakers is much more than a novrlty, it is a serious choice as it removes music from the sterile world of streaming to the joy of collecting, so I'd definitely go for a good turntable, but you will need a Connect to make it work with the Play 1s.