Answered

connecting roam to play 5’s

• 2 December 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 25 replies

Just got the roam after a while trying to switch the thing on (not realising it needs to be set up in WiFi first . 
anyway all done it’s there in my app I can play Bluetooth now on the go . But how do I connect it to

my 2 play 5’s ? While the 5’s are playing i press play on the roam and it just plays what I was listening to previously on Bluetooth just need to know how to get all 3 speakers play the same thing 

thanks 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 2 December 2021, 18:57

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

While the Play:5s are playing, you need to press and hold the play button on the Roam for about two seconds to group the Roam to the Play:5s. Or you can just manually group them together in the Sonos app.

NOTE: The Roam needs to be in WiFi mode, not Bluetooth mode to group it with the Play:5s. But you can group the Play:5s to the Roam while the Roam is playing Bluetooth audio. The Roam will act as a Bluetooth gateway for the Play:5s.

Read more here:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3391?language=en_US

Badge +2

Wow that was quick.

thanks for that I wasn’t holding it long enough.