Connect a SONOS PLAY:3 to my Android Sony Bravia TV wirelessly ?

• 13 September 2017
  • 4 replies

Hello,
I own a SONOS PLAY:3 and my Android Sony Bravia TV and wonder if it's possible for me to connect both using my home wi-fi network. I'm thinking about installing some more loudspeakers to my TV and would like to know if I can start with my PLAY:3.
I know my TV has a WiFi Direct functionality and wonder if I can use that for that purpose.
Thanks for your help :)
Regards,
Stephan

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

No, the PLAY:3 cannot be directly linked to your TV for TV sound.

There are ways to get sound from the TV to a PLAY:3 using other Sonos devices, but that's not what your question was.
Hi, thanks for your message.
Which other Sonos solutions were you thinking of? I'm curious...and since my intention is to equip myself with a home cinema, your solution might be what I need...
Well, there's only 2 devices that interpret a Dolby Digital signal (5.1) in the Sonos stable, so we'd be talking about a PLAYBAR or PLAYBASE. And of course, a pair of surround speakers (PLAY:1s recommended), and a SUB.

If you're interested in only getting a stereo signal from your TV, you could connect it to any of the devices that Sonos has put an analog line-in on, the PLAY:5, the CONNECT, and the CONNECT: AMP. All of those devices will, with a certain amount of delay due to the analog nature of the input, have a ~70ms delay of the signal, before allowing it to be sent to the speaker(s) of your choice.
Ok thanks!