Answered

can sonos beam be paired with move speaker?

• 1 July 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge

Yes it can, all Sonos speakers can be paired, the staff at Sonos are clueless contract paid idiots. You can pair any Sonos speaker in the app. Lots of misinformation online about it. I have $15k worth of Sonos speakers and they all pair.

icon

Best answer by James L. 1 July 2021, 15:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Badge

Maybe if Sonos employed actual passionate sound engineers this aspect of the website wouldn’t actually exist 

Userlevel 7

A Beam can be “grouped” with the Move but not “paired”. “Paired” usually refers to connecting two of the same model speaker as a stereo pair.

Badge +17

Hi @Shayned,

First, I don’t appreciate the disparaging remarks against my colleagues in customer care. Please take a look at our customer support guidelines before contacting us again.

Second, there’s a difference between grouping speakers and pairing speakers. There’s also a third term - bonding - and I’ll explain the differences between them,

1. Pairing - this means you’re combining two speakers together to work as one room (i.e. a Stereo pair). This would make one speaker play the left channel of a stereo track, and the other speaker play the right channel.
  2. Grouping - this means you’re temporarily combining the speakers to play the same music in multiple areas. This is what you’d be doing to play the music on a Beam and Move at the same time.
  3. Bonding - this means you’re combining a home theater product with a pair of surround speakers and/or a sub. 

So, to address your original question - no, a Beam cannot be paired with a Move. It can however be grouped with a Move to play the same music in sync.

Egg meets face.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Yes it can, all Sonos speakers can be paired, You can pair any Sonos speaker in the app. Lots of misinformation online about it. I have $15k worth of Sonos speakers and they all pair.

What can you pair with a Beam, and how?

As @GuitarSuperstar and @James L. have said, there’s a big difference between pairing and grouping. And if you know they can be grouped (if that’s what you meant), why were you asking Sonos staff anyway?