Can I play spotify through a Play 5 Gen 1, with no wifi, using line in?

• 14 June 2017
  • 2 replies

Hi people. My daughter is having a birthday party on saturday. But the venue has no wifi and we need some music for games. I wanted to tak my Play 5 (1st Gen) and plug my phone into it using line in. Then play my spotify music that has been downloaded to the phone. I have read the advice to set up autoplay, which I have done. But when I have tried the line in without a wifi signal it wont let me access the app. Can anyone help? Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hi Paul_176

Welcome to the Sonos community

You are almost there. The app only works if you are on the same WiFi as your Sonos system. Set the Play5 to line in and then use your phone wired to the Play5 input (3.5 audio in) and control the volume on the Play5 and phone. I suggest trying this out a few times before the event.
thanks. But the Sonos app doesn't open when there is no wifi. So I can't play the music via the sonos app. And when I tried playing via the actual spotify app, no music comes out of the Play5 when the line in is plugged in. Any ideas?