Question

Bluetooth reciever into Play 5 gen 2

• 11 June 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge

First post here!

I’d like to get a simple Bluetooth turntable (I don’t want to fork out for a Port and it will be in another location to my Play 5) like the Sony PS-LX310BT. 

My logic is I could buy a good Bluetooth receiver to go into the Play 5 line in, I’m just not sure if the Bluetooth turntable will stream to a receiver as opposed to an actual Bluetooth speaker. Anyone done this or have experience? If so, any recommendations?

Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

There’s no reason for this not to work.  I have a couple Bluetooth receivers, and my devices just see them as a speaker/headphone with no problems.  How does the pairing procedure work for the turntable?

Badge

As far as I’m aware you just press the ‘pair’ button and select it on your receiving device.

Having thought a little more about this, it probably makes sense to use a spare Echo Dot that I have, plugged into the Play 5, out of view with the mic turned off. Presumably the turntable (or any Bluetooth transmitting device) would then find the Dot as a speaker and play via the 5 to the whole Sonos network?! I may have answered my own question…