Arc Audio Uncompressed Loss in depth quality

• 15 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi. I have an Arc set up with Sub, 1SL as surround with Sky Q and recently purchased a new Philips Atmos TV. I'm fairly OK I've set it all up correctly. 

When I select the DD+ set up in audio sections of Sky and the TV menu the main sound via the Arc is weak/tinny/faint. 

For example the app shows 5.1 and the surround sound is immense but the spoken portions of films or general audio via the Arc is quieter, especially with sports, compared to the surround sound/music/effects which are so loud. It's imbalanced. 

When I switch all the DD+ off and the apps shows Stero PCM the Arc is more powerful/meatier but the surround is slightly less immense but still is an awesome sound. 

Any tips??? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Perhaps try re-tuning the Arc ‘Room’ with Trueplay and see if that assists. Also try adjusting the following to suit your own personal preference.

• Room EQ Settings
  • TV Level slider (in ‘Surround Audio’)

Try these things too with ‘Speech Enhancement either ‘off’/‘on’ within the ‘Now Playing’ screen.

Hopefully you should find settings to achieve the outcome you are looking for.

Manipulated all these but will try a re-tune. thanks.